How I met my man…
We met at college, 9 years ago! We have been together ever since!
Then, he proposed…
- I thought I was going to a business dinner, but to my surprise, I saw him at the restaurant! We had dinner and we returned home. Suddenly, he kneeled in front of me and proposed!
- We got married at the elegant 19th century Villa Carrara in the region of Sora (Frosinone), an estate of Bourbonic character, near the town I was born in.
The magic lies in the details!
- Our wedding style had an air of romance! We kept things simple & elegant! Our palette choice consisted of light colors, in harmony with my wedding dress.
- My bridal bouquet was mainly comprised of succulents! And when it came to our wedding favors, we gave our guests silver jars containing little succulents as well. We also had the idea of using fragrant herbs as the seating plan of the reception tables! Another nice detail was the white blooms, used in both the decoration of the area and the guests’ tables.
- My favorite detail was definitely the herbal seating plan!
The best wedding decision I ever made… and also the worst one!
I can’t really pick a “best decision”. I would say that I did things right for me, and I have no regrets about anything. I can pick a worst one though! It was surely the fact that I prepared our wedding invitations at the last moment, and forgot to invite some people!
If I had to choose one favorite moment!
I will never forget Andrea’s face, as he was looking at me the moment I entered the church, on my way to the altar!
If I could give some advice to a bride-to-be…
After you are set on the date and place, plan everything without any stress, as there is enough time ahead of you. Your wedding has to be a feast, not a source of anxiety!
Oh, my wedding dress!
- Out of all the wedding dresses I saw, what really moved me were the ones from the bridal house of Atelier Zolotas. It had to do with their originality and combination of fabrics. When I first tried on my dress, I burst into tears!
- The boutique I ordered my Zolotas gown from, made the sweetest gesture for me, which I would like to mention. In Italy, we have the custom of the bride cutting a white ribbon. As the boutique was located near the place of the ceremony, they prepared a bridal ribbon for me outside their store, in the street! On my way to the church, I made a small detour in order to cut it! It was very thoughtful of them!
- I would like to thank the following people, for turning my dream into a wedding reality…
WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER: Antonella Ricciotti
WEDDING DRESS: Atelier Zolotas – Doris dress (Custom Made) | BRIDAL SHOES: Vicenza |
GROOM’S SHOES: Hugo boss |
MAKE-UP ARTIST: Sabina Pieri (centro estetico Sabina) | HAIRSTYLIST: Giovanna Di Maura (il tempio della bellezza) | WEDDING CEREMONY: Chiesa della Madonna (Villa Carrara) | FLORIST: Alba Floreale
WEDDING CAKE: Grandi feste | INVITATIONS: Carta Amalfi | WEDDING RECEPTION: Villa Carrara | CATERING: Grandi feste
AFFILIATE BOUTIQUE IN ITALY: Atelier Emozioni