How I met my man
We belong to the same generation, so his face was always familiar! At that time he was working at a local DVD club (remember the time we didn’t just push some buttons to download a movie?) so… I had to use some charm there! A common friend helped the situation a lot, so I got to meet him. Then love happened.. suddenly we were moving in together!
Then, he proposed…
We were ready to go out for the night on an ordinary day when he proposed! I was overwhelmed, but saying Yes was pretty clear! We got married after one and a half year! On the 2nd of July, on Chios island, I married him in Panagia “Moutsaina” of Vrontados, a beautiful church with a view of the seaside.
Magic lies in the details
My wedding style had to be vintage, in the colors of beige and white. The dominant elements were jute rope and baby’s-breath flower arrangements (also known as Gypsophila), that I also chose for my bridal bouquet!
My favorite wedding details…
* White paper hanging spheres, with wooden ornaments
* My centerpieces, decorated with jute rope and lace that contained either baby’s-breath bouquets and baby pink roses, or white pebbles and candles.
* Tiki torches on the beach, decorated with ivory ribbon and jute rope.
*Hollow candles filled with flower balls made of baby’s-breath bouquets.
*Little white wooden trees with hanging flower balls made of baby’s-breath bouquets!
- The best wedding decision I ever made… and also the worst one!
- I organized everything by myself! I began early and that was definitely the best decision because I had enough time at my disposal… There wasn’t really a bad one! Maybe it got a little exhausting at times, as I was in charge of pretty much everything, but I would never change the joy that came out of it!
- If I had to choose one favorite moment!
- Just the smile on his face when I got to the church and I first looked at him.
If I could give some advice to a bride-to-be…
Do your research. Do not exaggerate on the wedding decoration! The simpler, the classier. You and your husband should keep things low-key and don’t let it get nerve-wracking because after all, the memories that remain are the serene ones – the ones that we truly enjoyed! But most of all, go with the dress that mostly makes you feel like yourself!
- Oh, my wedding dress!
- I chose the first one I tried on!! I was lucky to have the designer, VG Zolotas around during my appointment and when he saw that I was between three gowns, he told me that each one was beautiful in a different way, but your wedding dress is usually the first one you try on! He turned out to be right! Lightweight, fresh but also romantic, feminine without exaggeration, I really felt it was the one!
- I would like to thank the following people, for turning my dream into a wedding reality…
WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER: Michalis Angelopoulos | VIDEOGRAPHER: Meci Production |
WEDDING DRESS: Atelier Zolotas – Ijunia Dress |
BRIDAL SHOES: Nak | GROOM’S SHOES: Prima L’uomo | MAKEUP ARTIST: Eleni Dougrammatzi -The Body Shop Chios |
MANICURE & EYELASH EXTENSION: Aimilia Glaraki | JEWELRY: Argiro Glaraki
HAIRSTYLIST: Louisa & Kelly | WEDDING CEREMONY: Panagia “Moutsaina” of Vrontados |
FLORIST: Xyntaris | WEDDING CAKE: Sarantis Patisserie |
INVITATIONS: Memories Chios | WEDDING RECEPTION: Fish Restaurant “Pantoukios” |
BRIDESMAID & FLOWER GIRL DRESSES: handmade by Suzette Mylona